There are lots of advantages to buying a new build home, the most prominent of which is that it is rather like starting with a blank canvas. Unlike a 'second hand home' there will be no time spent tearing out old rooms and appliances, and fitting new ones. Instead you simply move in to a home that requires no decorating and generally no diy whatsoever. This can save you large amounts of time and money.
So, what are the benefits?
- Your new build home will have a 10-year warranty from the National House Building Council (NHBC).
- Your new home will be at the end of the chain so less hold-ups.
- Many developers will offer deals and incentives to help you get moving.
- Kitchens and Bathrooms are included in the price of your new home which saves you the expense.
- New homes are freshly decorated and if you buy early enough you may even be able to choose your own colours and styles.